Sunday, January 28, 2007

First tattoo


Well, it took me 32 years but I finally did it.

I've always had a thing about old people with tattoos. They're all faded and wrinkly and saggy. Uch....Been one of those gross pet peeves of mine.

That and that I could never decide on what to get. I've had several ideas. I was even considering a winnie the pooh, but I settled on a cute fairy. It's actually kind of classy in a cute way.

The whole process took 3 hours, and wasnt all that bad. I kept closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing when it would get too bad. (I kept telling myself that labor would be worse and if I could get thru this the having a baby would be a snap). The worst part was the last half hour. During that he was doing the color and the detailing so he was going over and over the lines. Holy crap. That and the fact I had been sitting backwards in a chair for three hours and it felt like my hips were going to pop out of the sockets. When it was done I limped out of there, and not from the tattoo.

Today it hurts, mostly when i sit for a long time and then try to stretch. I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go, sitting at a desk for 8 hours. Maybe I can get out early.

No comments: