Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stomach Bug and stress

I havent written in a few days due to feeling extremely exhausted. I'm not quite at that sick point, but not well enough to feel like i have the energy to do anything. Fortunatley, last night and tonite Vinnie opted to eat out. Last nite we went to Memphis Championship BarBQ, one of my favorite places, and all i could eat were 2 potato skins and half a bowl of cream corn. They did have the waiters bring over a strawberry shortcake and sing happy birthday, which was unexpected and nice. I think they were both feeling a little bad about how i kept going on and on about how nice my family birthday party was sunday, which neither one of them attended. Tonite, all i wanted was a baloney and cheese sandwich. It's like mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC. When i'm sick and not feeling well, that's all i want to eat. I usually try to be a trooper and not let feeling bad keep me down, but everyone can tell how i'm feeling by what i'm eating. Funny how food tells alot about you. Whether your'e weight or health concious, lazy, sick, or even what time of the month it is. Find a woman eating half a roll of ready made cookie dough just out of the wrapper and you know to be on your best behavior.

I've been in a bit of a rambling mood today. I had to pick Emily up from the airport and i swear i talked for 30 minutes nonstop. Of course, she hasnt been here for a week and i had alot to get off my chest. She's pretty much my only sounding board, as most girlfriends go, and is really good at just letting me vent without saying a word. Men always think that when your'e ranting and raving you want answers, help to solve your problems. No. What i want is to talk, have someone listen, a sounding board, a sympathetic ear. I think when men realize they dont have to fix everything, there might be a peaceful relationship. Anyone lucky enough to find that?

No comments: